Arcturus Privacy Statement
Updated: July 1, 2021
Protecting your privacy is important to Arcturus. This Privacy Statement explains how personal data is collected, used and disclosed in relation to websites, products and services (“applications”) provided by Arcturus, Inc. and other entities that belong to the Arcturus corporate family (“Arcturus,” “we,” and “our”) and that link to this Privacy Statement.
Some of our applications may display supplemental privacy notices so you can make informed choices at the time you review the notices. For example, you may see a notice explaining a data collection program in an application and your choices for participating.
This Privacy Statement describes how we process personal data for our own purposes. We also process personal data on behalf of our enterprise customers subject to a written contract. We do not control the data processing or protection practices of our enterprise customers, which may differ from those set out in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal data” is information that identifies or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to an identifiable person. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal data” and “personal information” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably.
What Information Does Arcturus Collect About You?
We also obtain certain data about you from third parties.
Information you provide us:
We collect information directly from you, such as when you sign up for an account or use an application, register a product or service, sign up for our newsletter or for one of our events, when you interact with one of our events, activities or with social media, or otherwise contact us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical and email address, IP address, username and account password
- Professional information, such as your occupation, industry, professional licenses, work experience and employment history, and other qualifications
- Commercial information, such as details about your subscription plans, the applications that you have purchased or expressed interest in, and events you have attended
- Financial account information, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase through the applications (a third party processes these transfers on our behalf as described below)
- Education information, such as your educational background
- Protected characteristics, such as your age (where applicable)
- Visual, audio and electronic information, such as your picture or signature, records of our interactions, such as correspondence, details of complaints and their resolutions, service records, and your preferences, including your preferred tools, experience, language and the frequency at which you wish to receive marketing communications
Information we obtain from your use of our applications:
- Identifiers, such as unique device identifiers, IP addresses, cookie identifiers, product IDs, information about product licenses, account usernames and email addresses
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the website domain visited, which activities and applications are used, how and for how long, how the applications are accessed, posts, discussions and other types of engagement with us, including on our blogs, discussion forums or chat rooms, the use of any hyperlinks or downloadable content available through the applications.
- Electronic information, such as information about operating systems, device types, information about browsers, information relating to automatic updates and technical errors, information about your use of our applications, including your preferred tools and experiences, and your engagement with our activities.
- Commercial information, such as records about interest in our applications or completed purchases
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal and application usage information available to us
Social Networking Data: Our applications may include content, buttons, or other tools that link to another company’s services and/or platform(s) (“Plugins”). We collect information about your use of Plugins through Arcturus Analytics programs as well as our and third-party analytics tools. If you use an application that contains Plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to a third-party provider of services and/or platforms. We do not control the data collected by Plugins. If you are logged in to a social network, the social network may be able to link your use of our application to their services and/or platform.
For example, if you interact with a Plugin by clicking on "Like," "Follow," or "Share," or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the relevant social network service or platform. Even if you are not logged in, the Plugins may send your IP address to social network services and/or platforms. Please note this when using our applications.
When you connect to a social networking service or platform on a device that is also used by others, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
Information we collect from other parties:
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as employers, business partners, business contact databases, enrichment services, channel partners (e.g. resellers), marketing service providers, third-party data aggregators and social networking platforms (e.g., LinkedIn and Facebook). We also receive information from publicly-available sources and licensors. The categories of personal information we collect from these sources include:
- Identifiers, such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Professional information, such as occupations, industries, professional licenses, work experience and employment histories, and other qualifications
- Education information, such as your educational background
- Commercial information, such as events you have attended or activities you have participated in
- Inferences, such as regarding usage information and your preferences, behaviors, and other attributes
In accordance with applicable law, we may combine your personal data with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, applications and other offerings.
How Does Arcturus Use The Information It Collects?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you
- To deliver you services, products, and support as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you other information you requested, like when someone has "liked" one of your posts, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you suggestions, offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you
- To understand the ways our applications are used and the people using them in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent
- To improve our applications and your experience in furtherance of our legitimate interests (or where needed, with consent), including through the use of automated systems that analyze data using machine learning and other analytic techniques
- To improve the security of and troubleshoot our applications, as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To provide promotional offers, advertising or other marketing content relevant to your interests in furtherance of our legitimate interest or, where needed, with consent
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine and properly licensed) and to protect you, Arcturus, and third parties in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our applications
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To protect the rights, safety and property of Arcturus, you, or any third party
- For other purposes, for which we obtain your consent (where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details below or as otherwise indicated to you in writing)
- As further described in our applications, such as in a supplemental notice, or in our About Boxes (available via Settings in your application)
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, you may have the right to object to that processing on the basis of circumstances specific to you. For more information, see “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” below.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with our customer through whom you use our applications, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
How Does Arcturus Disclose Your Personal Data?
We disclose the categories of information described above to the following categories of persons:
- Our service providers, including vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf, for business purposes. For example, our service providers include companies who support us with marketing, sales, consulting, communications, software maintenance and support, analytics, social media, market research, license compliance, security, user verification, localization, and payment processing. Our service providers process your information subject to contractual terms that restrict their ability to use your information
- Our business partners, such as integration partners, channel partners (e.g., resellers) and Arcturus’s App Store publishers, with whom you interact to facilitate your relationship with Arcturus and those business partners for any of the purposes described in our or those business partners’ privacy statements
- Our affiliates, for any of the purposes and uses of information described in this Privacy Statement, including providing you with integrated products and services (including administering purchases, services, and payments across our integrated products and services) in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- Social networking services and platforms through Plugins or when you use our applications to connect with or share information publicly or with your contacts on such services or platforms
- Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order
- Law enforcement, legal counsel, or other reasonably necessary when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of Arcturus, our customers, and the public
- Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration
We may also disclose your personal information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified demographic, statistical, and other information regarding use of our applications with third parties for marketing and other purposes. Such information will not specifically identify any particular user.
How Does Arcturus Protect Your Data?
We maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.We take reasonable steps to limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of Arcturus have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
What Rights And Choices Do You Have?
You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
We may retain certain data about you for legal and internal business purposes, such as fraud prevention, in accordance with applicable laws.
Please contact us to request a copy of the personal data in your account. Consistent with applicable law, we may ask for proof of your identity before fulfilling your request, and we may ask for additional forms of verification depending on the nature of the personal information requested.
Certain jurisdictions grant individuals additional rights with respect to their personal data. Depending on where you live or applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data
- Have us block or anonymize your personal data, as appropriate
- Receive a copy of your personal data to transfer it to a third party
- Opt-out of certain direct marketing communications
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties
- Not be denied a good or service for exercising your rights, though you may be provided a different level of service or charged a different rate or price consistent with applicable law
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you are located.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. For example, even if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain it to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other limited business purposes as required or permitted by law. To exercise applicable rights, please contact us.
Where we process personal data on behalf of our customers, we may refer the request to the relevant customer and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that customer.
California residents, please read the “Your California Privacy Rights” section for additional disclosures and information regarding your rights under California law.
What Are Arcturus’ Storage And Data Retention Practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored on the servers outside of your country or region.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Does Arcturus Transfer Your Personal Data Across National Borders?
Because we are a global company, we transfer your personal data across national borders to other countries, in compliance with the laws that apply to that data.
What Are Arcturus’s Marketing And Advertising Practices?
How Does Arcturus Protect Children And Student Data?
At Arcturus, we care deeply about children’s privacy and protecting their data.
Many of our applications are made for the general public and are designed for adult users. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children in connection with applications made for the general public.
Is The Personal Data You Give Us Ever Displayed Publicly?
As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our applications. Our applications may allow you to post content, including comments and “likes,” that can be visible to the public.
In some cases, you can limit who can view or access the information and content you post. In other cases, the information and content might be available to registered members of the application, or even to the general public. Your name, user name, profile image, or email address (particularly if this is your user name) may be posted along with any message or other content you post through some of our applications and websites.
If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using an application that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
Will This Privacy Statement Change?
We may change this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our business. it. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will endeavor to provide you with notice before such changes take effect, such as through prominent notice on our website or services or by email.
How To Contact Us?
If you want to contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the application about which you are contacting us:
By email at: email@example.com
By postal mail to:
16 Wentworth Street
Dartmouth NS B2Y 2S6
Who Can I Contact With Questions Or Concerns?
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the United States of America and/or with a competent European supervisory authority or your local equivalent.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law treats certain disclosures of personal information with third parties in exchange for something of value as “sales,” even when no money changes hand. We do not “sell” personal information subject to California law.
We described several types of rights in “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” above. If you reside in California, you have rights to access the specific pieces of your information, the right to know details about our processing of your information, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right to not be denied goods or services for exercising these rights. You can exercise those rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Cookie Statement explains how Cookies are used for and on our applications, why they are used, and your ability to control their use.
This Cookie Statement does not govern third-party practices.
Among other things, these Cookies allow us to record your preferences or log-in information, respond to your requests or fulfill items in your shopping cart. These Cookies are essential to:
- Enabling services, like authenticating you and keeping you logged in
- Allowing you to use essential features, or determining your language or country
- Providing information that you requested, such as via customer support
These Cookies cannot be disabled. Without these Cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of our applications, and we may be unable to fulfill your requests.
Modifying And Deleting Cookies From Your Browser
You can also modify your browser settings to control whether your computer or other device accepts or declines Cookies. These settings are generally available within your browser’s "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" menus. Keep in mind that your browser settings may prevent you from accessing all functionality on our website.
When we send you marketing emails, they might include a web beacon or similar technology that lets us know if you received or opened the email and whether you clicked on any of the links in the email. You can opt-out of marketing emails that may use web beacons by expressing your preferences to us or by clicking on the opt-out link contained within the email.
Our mobile, desktop, and cloud products collect analytics (such as product ID, license information, and device ID) via ArcturusAnalytics Programs and tools including third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how, when and why you use our applications. You will be notified about the analytics collected, and you will have an opportunity to change your preference as to whether analytics are collected within our products.
Who Sets Cookies